PTS President and Founder Peter Sacco has contributed Chapter 34: “Computerized Maintenance Management System in Data Centers” to Hwaiyu Geng’s Data Center Handbook (Now available from Amazon.com)
Provides the fundamentals, technologies, and best practices in designing, constructing and managing mission critical, energy efficient data centers
Organizations in need of high-speed connectivity and nonstop systems operations depend upon data centers for a range of deployment solutions. A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems. It generally includes multiple power sources, redundant data communications connections, environmental controls (e.g., air conditioning, fire suppression) and security devices.
With contributions from an international list of experts, The Data Center Handbook instructs readers to:
- Prepare strategic plan that includes location plan, site selection, roadmap and capacity planning
- Design and build green data centers, with mission critical and energy-efficient infrastructure
- Apply best practices to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions
- Apply IT technologies such as cloud and virtualization
- Manage data centers in order to sustain operations with minimum costs
- Prepare and practice disaster recovery and business continuity plan
The book imparts essential knowledge needed to implement data center design and construction, apply IT technologies, and continually improve data center operations.
Please Note: this product is available for purchase from Amazon.com. To order, click on the “Purchase from Amazon” button and you will be redirected to amazon.com to complete your purchase.